Supports the Joint Project Manager Medical Countermeasure Systems (JPM MCS) Health and Human Services (HHS) at Washington DC. This position is contingent upon successful award of contract and duration is one-year base and two one-year option periods. Normal duty hours are Monday through Friday 0900 to 1500 daily. Primary responsibilities include software project management.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
· Provide technical acquisition strategy and project management support to senior leadership.
· Provide oversight on execution of development and maintenance of conceptual, logical, physical, and DBA data models in both relational and dimensional modeling techniques.
· Coordinate, review, and analyze database structural requirements by assessing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems; and assessing requirements in accordance with proposed cost and schedule.
· Coordinate, manage, and participate in review of the data design of BI projects, to include determination of risk in the high-level design of the overall solution and detailed data design of components as needed (e.g., Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Data Mart, ETL, user interface, analysis/reporting, etc.).
· Develop and maintain data flow diagrams, data dictionary, state transition diagrams, and process models.
· Manage and execute preparation of process models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of designated process modeling methodology, including creation and maintenance of process descriptions and glossary of terms, to ensure successful project performance.
· Develop database solutions by designing the proposed system and defining the physical structure, functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications of the database.
· Manage the lifecycle database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; and answering user questions.
· Monitor and, when required, provide database support, as well as monitoring and mitigating risks and reporting performance.
· Support and maintain the BI system (i.e., Jaspersoft) by developing and maintaining reports and ad hoc querying tools.
· Serve as task manager to include managing scheduling and document control processes.
· Draft, review, staff, and update a variety of documentation (e.g., acquisition documents, memorandums, briefings, information papers, issue papers, meeting meetings, etc.).
· Deliver Senior-level presentations and briefings.
· Lead or assist in preparation and support of Program Management Reviews (PMRs), Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), and other meetings.
· Lead staff meetings and develop presentations.
· Coordinate reviews and analyses.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities